thanks to my best friend, i’ve found a whole new love for running. so i wanted to dedicate a space on my website to well, running. below you will find my running goals for the year, in addition to some of my favorite products and much more.
some of you may have seen my latest running goals blog post (click here to read). with that, below are my 2017 goals.
- run five (5) half marathons – listed below
- hit a personal record: under 2:30 half marathon: official PR at gasparilla half marathon
- enter the lottery for the 2018 chicago marathon: entered the lotto, awaiting december 12th
- sign up for the 2018 star wars half marathon: light side and star wars half marathon: dark side
- due to the light side half marathon begin cancelled, i will just be running the dark side half marathon next year
half marathons – 2017
- wdw half marathon: 1.7.17 – unofficial PR: 2:19:45
- celebration half marathon – 1.29.17
- gasparilla half marathon – 2.26.17 – official PR: 2:19:22
- star wars: the dark side half marathon – 4.23.17
- ouc half marathon – 12.2.17
favorite running products
garmin: forerunner 230
i actually got this watch based off the recommendation from my best friend, who owns the forerunner 235. i personally decided on the forerunner 230 since i wasn’t that interested in the heart rate feature on the 235, and it has been such an incredible watch. so much, that i actually ended up buying the 235 as a christmas present for keith – and he has absolutely loved it. he was the one that actually figured out most of the “extra” features of the watch like changing the watch face, pace tracking, etc.
check out the forerunner series HERE.
hoka one one: clifton 2
again, another recommendation from my friend, these shoes have been a lifesaver for me as a runner. previously having four (4) knee surgeries, you can imagine the questions i get asking me how i am running so much. some of that is limited training, but also these shoes really make me feel like i am running on air, instead of pavement. the design of the shoe allows for more cushion, in addition to less impact on the road.
if you are experiencing any knee pain, i highly recommend the hoka one one brand.
raw threads is one of my favorite companies – especially as it relates to running clothes. combining bamboo and organic cotton – their products are incredibly comfortable, especially on those longer runs. and let me tell you, the amount of shirts (and sport bras) that i own continues to grow.
check out some of the latest at raw threads.
i know you’re wondering – socks, really?! well to me socks have made all the difference. i normally have issues with socks sliding, leading to blisters. and who wants blisters?! the feetures brand has been the sock that i’ve found to be my perfect solution, particularly the elite ultra light no show tab sock.
a little out of the normal “running gear” – i recently got introduced to momentum jewelry. promoting positivity, this brand is focuses on helping you live a healthy lifestyle. pick one of their mantras to wear OR create your own motivate wrap with your favorite mantra.
learn more about momentum jewelry HERE.